Cosmedical Rejuvenation Clinic is a premier plastic surgery clinic in Toronto. We are here to help you achieve the most beautiful, attractive you. Our talented board certified plastic surgeons and medical aestheticians are dedicated to helping you look and feel rejuvenated, revitalized and youthful. We are here for you!
Dr. Atul Kesarwani is our head plastic surgeon and medical director. He has over 30 years of experience in the field!
Dr. Priya Kesarwani, or Dr. PK, is our facial plastic surgeon. She is a board certified Otolaryngologist Head and Neck Surgeon.
Our facility is conveniently located at Yonge and York Mills. It is fully equipped with state-of-the-art surgical and medical aesthetic technologies.
Choosing a Plastic Surgeon
It’s good to be excited about potential plastic surgery procedures! Just like a tattoo or piercing, plastic surgery is an exciting opportunity to make your physical appearance a better expression of your personality. Unluckily, plastic surgery is also like tattoos and piercings in that there is a big difference between the most and least competent practitioners, and when you’re excited, it can be difficult to spot the bad ones. Here are some tips to help you select the best surgeon.
- Check for Hospital and University Status. Most patients do not have the resources to run background checks. But, you know who does? Hospitals and universities. Admitting privileges to a hospital, and teaching positions at a university, are proof that a surgeon can pass all background checks. This helps you rest easy knowing that there is no history of malpractice.
- Go for Experience. The best possible surgeon is one who has routinely performed the exact procedure you want for years. With regular experience, the chances of a surgery being performed incorrectly are greatly decreased. When considering a plastic surgeon, ask to see before and after photos of their patients who have undergone similar procedures.
- Value Honesty. A plastic surgeon should neither underestimate nor overestimate the risks and benefits of procedures. For example, if you are requesting a bundled surgery (i.e. several procedures at once), an honest surgeon should emphasize that this is more risky than individual procedures.
- If you Feel Pressured, Leave. Plastic surgeons should act like surgeons. This means that they listen to a patient’s needs, accept the patient’s feelings, and act first and foremost in the interest of the patient’s physical and mental well-being. Weirdly, many plastic surgeons have forgotten their oaths and instead act like they’re selling used cars, not performing medical procedures. If you feel at all insulted, put-down, manipulated, or pressured by your surgeon, then that surgeon is not taking the practice of medicine seriously.
- Ask Lots of Questions. You deserve to know exactly what is entailed in each procedure. Doctors who don’t take the time to explain each procedure are not trustworthy.
Above all, trust your instincts. Your plastic surgeon should make you feel comfortable, safe, listened to, and respected, just like any other good doctor.