“There is no need to feel self conscious about how your neck sags”
Many factors can play a role in the aging of facial skin, including sun or wind exposure, skin type, elasticity and thickness, weight changes, nutrition, smoking and menopause.
Almost always done in conjunction with a facelift, the neck lift procedure minimizes these effects, creating a natural, more attractive and youthful appearance with minimal scars. We have also found that CytoDerma™ silicone scar gel is an essential part of post-treatment recovery to help scars fade as much as possible. You can read more about it here.
In this procedure, excess skin and tissue is removed and the sagging of specific facial and neck muscles is corrected. Recent advances in techniques have led to significant improvements in neck lifts that produce much longer lasting results.
In some people, liposuction of the neck alone may lead to a significant improvement.
Smooth Away Wrinkles and Sagging Skin
Give Your Neck Better Definition for a Youthful Contour
See Dr. Priya Kesarwani, the Surgeon Who'll Perform Your Surgery, During Your Initial Consultation
Necklift vs Facelift
A facelift and neck lift can both work wonders to significantly reduce the signs of aging. There are many similarities between the two procedures, but what about the differences—what makes each procedure unique? Before we find out, here are some quick facts about face and neck lifts:
- Both procedures reduce the look of aging by targeting sagging skin and weak muscles around the face, neck, and décolletage.
- Studies show that face lift and neck lift surgery can make you look 10 years younger.
- Loose, sagging skin in the face and neck is caused by loss of skin elasticity, a natural process that comes with aging.
- Both procedures require time to heal and there will be swelling and bruising in the face and neck after the procedure. Most doctors recommend at least a two-week recovery time, although it can differ between patients.
- Both surgeries lift the skin of the face and neck back and up. More important that pulling the skin is tightening the deeper layers so the skin falls naturally and does not look too tight. Often the two procedures are combined, in order to dramatically reduce the signs of aging.
What are the differences?
During a facelift, incisions are typically made in front of the ear, in order to pull skin up from the cheeks towards the forehead.
The facelift directly improves the cheeks, lower face, jowls, and jawline.
Wrinkles and sagging skin in the face are corrected.
Neck lift surgery pulls skin from under the jawline, jowls, and chin.
Incisions are made behind the ears and below the chin, where they can easily be hidden.
Neck lifts improve the area below the chin, and loose, draping skin at the front of the neck.
Even though the two procedures are different, they are almost always done in conjunction with each other. Most patients who want to correct signs of aging around the face also show signs around the neck, and vice versa.
Advanced techniques have made both procedures more effective than ever, resulting in improved and longer lasting more natural looking results.
A personal consultation with Dr. Priya Kesarwani, our facial plastic surgeon, is the first step toward improving your appearance. She will take all the time necessary to answer your questions and explain how this and other facial rejuvenation procedures can fulfill your visual goals, while making you look refreshed and natural.
If you’d like to learn more about the Neck Lift procedure, Contact Us Now to book your confidential appointment with Dr. P. Kesarwani.
Dr. P. Kesarwani can also show you before and after Neck Lift photos from patients we have performed the procedure on previously, during your consultation.