Belt lipectomy or a circumferential tummy tuck is a lower body lift that helps to reshape the hips, thighs, butt and abdomen. It is a popular procedure for those who have lost considerable amounts of weight and have excess, loose skin along their side body, back and abdomen areas. As well, it can be performed on individuals who want to make certain parts of their bodies, look smoother and flatter.
With this cosmetic procedure, patients are able to tighten the skin and muscles in the torso and abdomen areas and lift the butt and thigh areas. The procedure is most commonly performed in a hospital setting.
How effective is the surgery?
This procedure is effective and can be life changing. It will take some time for you to see the true results of your surgery but it will be a rewarding experience. You have the opportunity to fit into clothing that you might not have been able to fit into for years and it gives you the chance to feel better about yourself.
After surgery care tips:
- Take your meds. Make sure to follow the instructions provided to you by your surgeon to make sure that your recovery time and pain is well managed.
- Swelling will happen, it’s natural. Ask your surgeon for tips on the best way to stay comfortable after surgery.
- Tighter clothing is best. Speak with your surgeon about the best clothing to wear after surgery. As strange as it may sound, tight clothing tends to be a good option during recovery.
- Stop Smoking. If you are a smoker, it’s advisable to quit smoking as soon as possible. Not only does smoking cause the obvious damage to your body and harm those around you – your wounds may not be able to heal as well.
- Find out about the next steps. Speak with your physicians about any questions that you have and find out when you will need to go back in for a follow-up visit.
- Move carefully. In the first week of recovery, you’ll need to walk and sit slightly bending forward. Speak with your surgeon about recovery time before getting back to your normal routine.
Our specialists have extensive experience in belt lipectomy and will be able to provide you with the information to make an informed decision about this procedure.