We’ve all heard of plastic surgery. In fact, we probably all know someone that has had a major or minor form of plastic surgery performed on either themselves, or someone they know. What exactly is plastic surgery? Plastic surgery is, “a medical procedure with the purpose of alteration or restoring the form of the body, it comes from the Greek word “plastikos” which means “to change.””. While most forms of plastic surgery are cosmetic, plastic surgery involves other types of surgery such as: reconstructive, and, craniofacial, microsurgery, and burn treatment.
Even if you don’t know someone personally who has had plastic surgery, you have surely been exposed to it through your favorite celebrity. Whether they have gone under the knife, are all for it, or are against it, the following are what some celebrities have to say about cosmetic enhancements:
Celebrities Who Have Had Cosmetic Enhancements
- Iggy Azalea has raved about her breast enhancement. She has said, “It’s much freer to say it and then you don’t have to worry someone will dig it up.”
- Kourtney Kardashian talks openly about her breast implants stating that, “It’s not a secret.”
Celebrities Who Would Consider Cosmetic Enhancements
- Kylie Jenner and Kim Kardashian both claim to have never had plastic surgery, but they are not opposed to it in the future. Kylie has admitted to having lip fillers and Kim has tried Botox before.
- Gwenyth Paltrow tends to go the all-natural route, but has said she may reconsider going under the knife as she ages. The star did admit that she has tried Botox before. Sofia Vergara has said that she wouldn’t necessarily say no if it came to having cosmetic enhancements in the future.
Celebrities Who Oppose Cosmetic Enhancements
- Kate Winslet has said that it is against her morals and upbringing
- Jennifer Aniston doesn’t judge those who have plastic surgery, but she wishes they wouldn’t.
- Karl Lagerfeld is quite harsh on those who choose plastic surgery, stating; “Nothing makes you look older than attempting to look young.”
- Julianne Moore just wants to look like herself but doesn’t condemn what others choose to do.
- Julia Roberts has said, “Your face tells a story…and it shouldn’t be a story about your drive to the doctor’s office.”
As plastic surgery is so commonplace in Hollywood, it is interesting to hear the take that some celebrities have on cosmetic procedures. Regardless of their positions on the matter, it is ultimately a personal decision that is best to be consulted upon with your surgeon.