10 Things You Need To Know About Sculptra
Sculptra is a Health Canada-approved facial injectable that corrects signs of aging by restoring volume to areas of fat loss or sagging skin. Also known as the liquid facelift, Sculptra is a comprehensive treatment that addresses facial aging.
Dr. Kesarwani is an official Sculptra instructor who has trained a number of doctors and nurses in Canada to perform this unique treatment.
Here are a few things you need to know about Sculptra—the “Liquid Facelift”:
- Sculptra is injected under the skin: Like other facial injectibles, Sculptra is a non-invasive procedure. Sculptra is injected beneath the skin and stimulates collagen growth.
- Sculptra can last up to two years: After three-to-five treatments, on a four-to-six week treatment frequency, Sculptra should last up to two years.
- Results can be gradual: Since Sculptra actually stimulates collagen production, results take time.
- Sculptra disappears under the skin: Once injected, Sculptra triggers a natural reaction in the body to restore collagen and volume where injected. The Sculptra itself disappears.
- Sculptra is in 3D: As opposed to other dermal fillers, which fill in wrinkles and saggy skin, Sculptra offers three-dimensional filling and re-shaping.
- Avoid Sculptra if you have sensitive skin: If your skin is sensitive, or you are allergy-prone, doctors recommend using fat transfer instead of Sculptra. Sculptra, however, is easier on patients than fat transfer as it doesn’t require any surgery to harvest fat. The best way to determine if Sculptra is right for you is to discuss it with Dr. Kesarwani.
- Watch out for bumps: One of the concerns about Sculptra is its tendency to form small bumps under the skin post-treatment. The best way to avoid visible bumps is to not have Sculptra injected into areas with thinner skin, or to ask for a lower dilution of injectate.
- There are lots of options: There are many dermal fillers out there, all with unique properties. If Sculptra is not right for you, speak to us about other options such as Juvederm or Restylane.
- Do not get Sculptra around the eyes: Sculptra around the eyes should be avoided.
- Sculptra is proven to work: Sculptra has been used in over 150, 000 patients, with great results.
The best way to find out if Sculptra is right for you is to talk to an expert. Call Dr. Kesarwani today and schedule a consultation!